MY LIFE IN CARTOONS


15 February 2010

Chirpy and fat

Today I’ve seen the fattest robin I’ve ever come across in my life. He looked like a ball of fluff, out of which two tiny eyes, a small beak and thin long legs were sticking out.
He wasn’t just fat but also incredibly cheerful. Well, at least until I went near him. He was singing like there is no tomorrow, it was actually amazing to see how such a small creature could emit such a powerful, loud sound. I wish I could understand what he was saying, for I’m positive that he must have been saying something. Somebody putting such an effort into singing, can’t be doing it just because there’s nothing else to do.
Fat and chirpy. Even though I was never a big fan of Pavarotti, he looked pretty much like the bird version of him.
He was standing on the railing of a house, so to me it looked like he was actually looking for an audience. But when I approached him, he stopped. And his face looked somehow disgruntled, like this:

So I thought that maybe he didn’t want an audience after all. So, reluctantly, I walked away.
But gosh I could hear him until two streets later...

No comments:

Post a Comment