MY LIFE IN CARTOONS


24 February 2010

Green fingers

Trees. Aren’t they amazing things? I know it sounds like the most idiotic or banal statement, but if you think about it, they are absolutely wonderful living creatures.
And many of them have the most fantastic shapes. Like, for instance, a beautiful horse-chestnut tree I see in the park on my way to work. More than its branches, what fascinates me the most is its trunk and short roots. Here it is:
To me it clearly looks like a forearm with a hand and 5 fingers. It could be my right hand with its fingers digging into a pizza dough while I’m kneading it.
Mhhh, but my arm isn’t green (fortunately). So it could be the short-fingered hand of a green, spotty monster, ready to jump at you and swallow you whole, like this:
I will look out for it on my way home tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment